February 4, 2013

PB Sweet Potato

Peanut Butter Sweet Potato

This post begins with one of our all-time favorite snacks. Ready for the recipe? Don't blink, or you'll miss it.

PB Sweet Potato
Serves 1

1/2 a medium baked sweet potato
1 Tbls. natural creamy peanut butter

Stir together and enjoy.

*

We were having this snack in the yard this morning, near our Rubbermaid Romaine:

digging in the ground seemed too hard
Here's the bin of lettuce representing my half-formed commitment to put it in a vegetable garden this season. (I had a bin of collard greens too, but it got besieged by bugs! Oh well). On a whim, I picked a leaf of romaine and used it to scoop up some PB Sweet Potato. Huh! Tasty! The slightly bitter, hydrating crunch of the lettuce offset the sweet and creamy tuber just right. So there we sat, my little one and I, picking and dipping and crunching in the morning sunshine.

Later I made these, a lunchbox-friendly version of the same snack, and perhaps the world's easiest lettuce wraps. 

Lunchbox ready
Love your orange veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment